Is a RV surge protector still good after it detected a problem?
While camping this past weekend, I was shocked on the camper steps and then the next day husband was shocked opening a compartment door. He went and checked the surge protector and it showed Reverse Polarity so he went to tell the CG owners. No one was available but was able to inform the restaurants manager husband who came down to see for himself. We switched to using our battery and propane until we left the next morning. They told us we could switch to another site. Didn't want to take another risk. But my question is is once a surge protector detects a problem is the surge protector still good? Also since we did experience a shock off of the camper...do we need to have our camper tested? Was the surge protector faulty to begin with by us getting shocked? Had no problems using the battery/propane. New to RV camping. Thanks for any help.
Open Aug 27, 2015 - 09:53 AM