Jun 27, 2016 - 05:27 AM
Here are the complete regeneration instructions:
- Close the inlet and outlet valves and connect a garden hose to the drain port of the Y valve. Open the drain valve to relieve any pressure in the system.
- Once the pressure is relieved close the drain valve port and remove the system from the RV.
- Gently tilt the system to drain some water out of the mineral tank to create room for salt.
- Once a few cups of water have been drained from the system, remove the tank head fill port, and pour 2 lbs of sodium chloride table salt into the fill port on the head. Use a cup of water to rinse the fill hole clean of salt crystals and reinsert the fill plug.
- Allow the unit to set for 5 minutes, then turn on the inlet valve and open the drain port on the Y valve to begin the brine rinse process.
- After 20 minutes of brine rinsing the system is ready to be installed back into the RV and is ready for use.
- Regeneration should be performed when the hardness from your system exceeds 3 grains per gallon as indicated on the supplied water test strips.